John D. Hinrichsen, M.D.
• Louisiana State Medical License #025484
• Texas State Medical License #M2648
• Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology 2005
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA (B.S. in Zoology, Graduated Cum Laude)
Louisiana State Medical College, Shreveport, LA (Degree: M.D.)
Preliminary Medicine at Louisiana State University, Shreveport, LA
Ophthalmology at Louisiana State University, Shreveport, LA
Pediatric Ophthalmology at Indiana University School of Medicine
Present: Highland Clinic, APMC-Pediatric Ophthalmology, Shreveport, LA
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, LA
- Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
Honors and Awards:
- John W. Henderson, M.D. Award for “Best Resident Presentation” at 12th annual LSUHSC-S Resident and Alumni Day
- LSU Honor’s Scholarship
- Dean’s List for 8 semesters
- “Comparison of Different Materials Used in Pediatric Frontalis Suspensions” AAPOS March 2004.
- “Endocyclophotocoagulation in Refractory Pediatric Glaucomas” Indiana University School of Medicine Alumni Day June 2004.